An Organization: Municipality of Penela / Junta de Freguesia do Espinhal
A production: Humorgrafe - Artistic Director: Osvaldo Macedo de Sousa (email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org)
1 - Theme:
a) "The Life Cycle" - we invite artists from around the world to philosophise about the existence, as each culture faces life and death, what ritual symbologies do to overcome terror to the unknown beyond. Is death just a meditation of life, or an anecdote that fears the daily life of eternity? We do not want to live here in death, but to honor life with humor and optimism in moments like the one in 2018 in which the centenary of the Armistice of the Great War of 1914/18 is recalled, the mother of all the other wars that during the century. XX and that today through the said terrorism of fundamentalists, it continues present in the contemporary society. How can we praise the perenniality of the spirit, instead of cultivating a society that finances the death of humanity and the planet?
b) Caricatures of Leonor d'Oliveira Guimarães who was the promoter of this Biennial. See photos on humorgrafenews.
2 - Open to the participation of all graphic artists with humor, professional or amateur.
3 - Deadline: 10th of June 2018. They should be sent to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (If you do not receive confirmation receipt please resend new email).
4 - Each artist can send via e-mail in digital format (JPEG 300 dpis A4) up to 4 works in monochromatic (one color with all its nuances - not accepted drawings with 2, 3 or 4 colors) (is compulsory that one should be on this subject, and the others can be portraits-caricatures of cartoonists - self-caricature or any of your country masters), open to all techniques and styles as caricature, cartoon, humor design, strip, bd board (story in a single board) ... which must be accompanied with information of name, date of birth, address and e-mail.
5 - Entries will be judged by a jury consisting of: representatives of the Municipality of Penela; representative of Junta de Freguesia do Espinhal; representative of the family Oliveira Guimarães; the Artistic Director of the Bienal; a representative of the sponsors, a local media representative and two guest cartoonists, and will award the following prizes:
* 1st Prize VI BHLOG- 2018 (€ 1,800)
* 2nd Prize of VI BHLOG 2018 (€ 1,300)
* 3rd Prize of VI BHLOG 2018 (€ 800)
* Caricature Prize of the VI BHLOG 2018 (€ 1,000)
The jury, at its discretion, may grant "Special Awards" (António d’Oliveira Guimarães, Municipality of Penela. Junta de Freguesia do Espinhal and Humorgrafe), an honorific title, with a trophy.
6 - The jury grants the right to make a selection of the best works to exhibit in the space and catalog edition (which will be sent to all artists with works reproduced).
7 - The Organization shall inform all artists, by email, if they were selected for the exhibition and catalog, and also the winning artists. The works awarded, are automatically acquired by the Organization. The originals of the winning entries must be submitted to the Organization (the original work made by computer is a high quality print in A4, with hand signature and numbered 1/1), because without such delivery, the monetary prize will not be unlocked.
8 - Reproduction rights are owned by the Organization, to promote this event, and eventually will be discussed with the authors in the case of other uses.
9 - For further information contact the Artistic Director: Osvaldo Macedo de Sousa (firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com) or V Biennial of Humor Luíz d'Oliveira Guimarães Culture Sector, Municipality of Penela, Town Hall Square, 3230-253 Penela - Portugal.
10 - The VI Biennial of Humor Luíz d'Oliveira Guimarães – Espinhal / Penela 2018 takes place from 1 to 21 September in the Cultural Center of Espinhal, but the woks can also be exhibited in other locations to be designated.
This year theme is: "The weather and the climate change".
1. The competition is structured in a single section.
2. Participation is free. Deadline for cartoon submission is Sunday, July 12th, 2018. Each participant can send up to 4 cartoons.
3. The entry form below must be completed in all its parts and sent along with the presentation of works that take part in the competition.
4. The paper must be sent by postal mail to: Accademia della Bugia-Pro Loco Alta valle del Reno, via della chiesa, 27 - 51100 Le Piastre PT, Italy.
Otherwise you can use our electronic mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. The comics can be written in your own language, but we advice that you make a cartoon simply draw, without any text.
6. Italian Lie Academy will award the top three as follows:
1st place: "Gold Bugiardino"
2nd place: "Silver Bugiardino "
3rd place: "Bronze Bugiardino".
The Bugiardino is the symbol of Championship and is the bell tower o the village with a long nose, like the Pinoccio’s one.
It will be awarded with the "International Bugiardino" best cartoon coming from abroad or drawed by a foreign national.
7. All the winning cartoons will be published on website of Italian championship of Lies (www.labugia.it).
8. The authors waive any fee related to copyright.
9. Prizes will be delivered during of the 39th Italian Championship of Lies that take place in Le Piastre on 4st and 5th August 2018.
10 . The works will be judged by a jury headed by the italian cartoonist Marco Fusi.
caricaturists to the „Autószektor Caricature Contest” with the following theme:
The Family transport
1. All participants must be a natural person over 18.
2. The contest has 1 turn. Each competitor is allowed to participate in the competition with a maximum of 5 caricatures. Entries should not content any text and should be made in A4 format. File details: CYMK, JPG, good quality, the maximum size of the mail is 10 MB.
3. The registration form – attached to this contest invitation – must be sent back signed and scanned, together with the caricatures – to the email@example.com
4. Deadline: 2018 May 31.
I. 150 000 HUF (minus TAX)
II. 100 000 HUF (minus TAX)
III. 50 000 HUF (minus TAX)
+ Everyone on the podium gets a diploma
6. By applying, the participants accept that any decision of the jury - in connection with this contest – is final and not appealable.
7. Announcement of results: 2018 June 30.
8. By filling the registration form, the participant acknowledges that the Motorist Great-Coalition - referring to the competition – can use the submitted creations free, without the purpose of gaining financial benefits. Forms of use:
- Through mediums cooperating with the Motorist Great-Coalition (www.jarmuipar.hu; www.autoszektor.hu; www.riposzt.hu, etc. )
- In digital or printed catalogues
- In the free publication made for the partners of Motorist Great-Coalition, which will not be merchandised
- On exhibitions, or events supported by the Motorist Great-Coalition
- As decoration
Continuous information on the
If you have any question, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
We wish you good work and a successful participation!
1st INTERNATIONAL “ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES” CARTOON CONTEST 2018Subject: Planet Calling SOS!
Long before the dawn of the ecological movement in the 1970s, there were already many committed people and groups throughout the world concerned with the relationship between mankind and nature. They were worried about the dismissive way humans were handling nature and they reasoned about the consequences of this behaviour.
What has happened since then? Topics such as climate change, global warming, soil contamination, microplastics floating in the oceans, species extinction etc. are ever-present in our media and by now, everybody should at least have heard about those issues. Unfortunately, little has changed in the behaviours, neither of the individuals nor of societies. How come?
As early as 1972, the Club of Rome, an organisation of individuals who share a common concern for the future of humanity and strive to make a difference, predicted that if there was no awakening, the existing economical system would inescapably lead to a global ecological and economical collapse. They explained that causes and effects of human activities were often set wide apart in terms of time and space. Hence many can't (or don't want to) see the impact of their behaviour and simply deny responsibility.
This can't go on any longer. Our planet is sending an “SOS”, making an emergency call. The Earth is in a critical situation and mankind is at a turning point. For instance, provided that all imaginable measures and precautions were taken, the ozone layer would still need at least 10 years to renew itself. If we are to believe recent research, the world population is expected to be 9 billion in 2050! If we fail to consume our energy and natural resources in a conscious and responsible way, sooner or later, life on our planet will become impossible.
Hence we are now calling upon all caricaturists in the world: Let’s draw our lines and warn the ones who can't see the oncoming dangers! Let’s save our planet!
Rules of the competition:
1) Joining the competition is possible only via internet ( email@example.com ).
2) All submitted pieces of work should be participating in a contest for the first time. In the event of violation of this requirement, any awarded prizes shall be returned.
3) The caricatures are to be submitted in A3 size, with a resolution of 300 dpi and in Jpeg format (black and white or colour, no restriction as to technical colour processing).
4) The closing date of the competition is June 1, 2018.
5) Based upon the submitted caricatures, the jury will pre-select 100 finalists from June 01 to 15, 2018. These finalists will then be presented on social media platforms and on INTEGRA's and Don Quichotte's websites for the following 10 days.
6) The jury will evaluate the pre-selected works of art from June 25 to 30, 2018 and publish the results on July 1, 2018.
7) The award ceremony will take place in line with the exhibition opening on July 22, 2018 at the Municipal Art Gallery in Filderstadt.
8) Submitted caricatures will be securely stored within INTEGRA's and Don Quichotte's archives. For any use other than contest related, permission shall be seeked from each author prior to use.
9) A contest catalogue shall be issued in pdf format and published.
- First Prize: 1.500 Euro +Don Quichotte Medal
- Second Prize: 1.000 Euro +Don Quichotte Medal
- Third Prize: 500 Euro +Don Quichotte Medal
- Special Awards
- Angel Boligan (Mexico)
- Valeri Kurtu (Germany)
- Peter Nieuwendijk (Netherlands)
- Willem Rasing (Netherlands)
- Bernard Bouton (France)
- Pavel Kuczynski (Poland)
- Trayko Popov (Bulgaria)
- Tan Oral (Turkey)
- Hayati Boyacıoğlu (Germany)
- Erdoğan Karayel (Germany)
- Saadet Demir Yalçın (Turkey).
RULES AND REGULATIONSSUBJECT: LIGHT
Announcement and publication of the Contest: March 2018
Deadline for receiving works: 31st MAY 2018
Sitting of the Jury: June 2018
Announcement of the Jury decision , seminar and the opening of the post contest exhibition: September 2018.
GRAND PRIX: 5.000 PLN and Statuette
1st PLACE: 4.000 PLN
2nd PLACE: 3.000 PLN
3rd PLACE: 2.000 PLN
The Organizers have the right to the change in the amount of particular prizes, nonetheless, the total amount of prizes shall remain unchanged.
The Jury comprises of the Organizers representatives as well as artist dealing with art in practice or as theoreticians. Only works which have not received awards can be entered in the Competition. The Jury reserves the right to determine the final distribution of prizes, and to change their size and number.
Both professional and amateur cartoonists are eligible to enter the contest.
Unlimited number of personally made original works (format min. A5 – max. A3) in optional technique, with application card, should be sent or delivered by May 31st, 2018 to the address of the Organizer:
LSMDK "DEBIUT" (WİMBP) "CONTEST"
65-077 ZIELONA GORA
al.Wojska Polskiego 9
skr. pocztowa: 170
The Organizers envisage the publication of a catalogue, and reserve the right to make a selection of drawings for the catalogue and for a post-competition exhibition. The winners receive their prizes provided that they are either present at the closing of the exhibition or they indicate a bank account where the money could be transfered. Participation in the competition, as well as any activities and responsibilities associated ith it, including any claim to a prize, cannot be transfered to third parties. The works become the property of the Organizers. Every entrant agrees to his/her free of fees delivery of works to the Organizers. Entrants agree to their work being published on a no-fees basis. Every work delivered to the contest ought to be accompanied (on the reverse) with the readable author’s signature, contact/official address. By sending his/her works and participating in the contest the artists agree to the mentioned rules and regulations. The cost of sending the work will be borne by the entrants.
The Organizers are not responsible for damage or loss during transportation!
The Organizers have the right to change the rules.
Personal data will be used exclusively to implement the provisions of the Regulations of the Competition. The data administrator is the C. Norwid Regional and City Public Library in Zielona Gora, 65-077 Zielona Gora, al.Wojska Polskiego 9, Poland.http://www.debiut.org.pl/
GENERAL INFORMATIONThe organizer of the competition is OSTEN Skopje, Republic of Macedonia.
The selector assigned by the organizer will select the submitted works, and the international jury will appraise the short-listed works.
The official announcement of the awards and the opening of the exhibition will take place on 31st May 2018 at OSTEN Gallery, Skopje, Macedonia.
Cartoon / Satiric drawing / Comic-Strip *
* up to one panel of non-linguistic strip
Theme / Technique – free
Format – А4 (21.9 x 29.7) or А3 (29.7 x 42.0)
The author can submit several works, but STRICTLY ORIGINALS - hand drawn works.
For a regular submission, the author shall fill out the Application Form (electronically or manually) and send it via e-mail first, preferably together with a short author’s bio. Afterwards, she/he shall send the printed Application Form via post mail along with the works.
The submitted works shall remain within the OSTEN collection.
By completion of the Application Form, the applicant agrees that the organizer can use, expose, study and publish the works for the needs of the event.
SELECTION / JUDGING PROCESS
The short-listed works selected by the selector are eligible for awards that will be decided by the international jury.
Erdogan BASOL, Turkey (Cartoonist)
Ann TELNAES, USA (Editorial Cartoonist in the Washington Post)
Ross THOMSON, UK (Cartoonist)
Mostafa RAMEZANI, Iran/France (Cartoonist & Graphic Designer)
Vladimir KAZANEVSKY, Ukraine (Cartoonist and Lecturer on the Theory of Cartoon Art)
Mice JANKULOVSKI, Macedonia (Artist, Cartoonist and representative of OSTEN)
GRAND PRIX FOR LIFE ACHIEVEMENT (5000 $)
FIRST AWARD FOR CARTOON (1000 $)
FIRST AWARD FOR SATIRIC DRAWING (1000 $)
FIRST AWARD FOR COMIC / STRIP (1000 $)
10 SPECIAL AWARDS (PLAQUE)
AWARD CICO* (for Macedonian Cartoonist)
* In honor of the great Macedonian cartoonist Vasilije Popovic - Cico.
Short-listed works are exhibited at OSTEN Gallery from 31st May to 15th June 2018.
Short-listed works are represented in the Catalog and their authors will receive a copy of the catalog via post mail.
The organizer will cover the accommodation expenses for the awarded cartoonists who will announce their presence on the opening of the exhibition in Skopje up to 1st May 2018.
The works that will arrived on the address of OSTEN up to 31st March 2018 will be considered for selection.
OSTEN WORLD GALLERY OF CARTOONS
8. Udarna Brigada 2, 1000 Skopje, Macedonia
Application Form on source.
BEAVERS LAUGH CARTOON COMPETITION 2018RULES
1 - PARTICIPATION: 1 March to 1 August 2018.
The 2nd "BEAVERS LAUGH" Bobritsa Cartoon Competition is open to all graphic artists, who can enter works that have not been awarded until the closing date of the entries, in the cartoon, caricature and comics modalities (The comic strip should have only one page).
The opening of the Exhibition will be 8 September 2018, with the announcement of winners .
Each artist can enroll with the maximum of five ( 5 ) UNPUBLISHED works in the preferable format 30x40 cm and using any technique. On the back of each drawing, or in registration must include the author's full name, address (with ZIP code), email, phone number, ID number, social security number and bank account.
The artist can participate by sending their work to firstname.lastname@example.org (with maximum size of 5 megabytes) or sending the originals to:
Bobritsa Cartoon Competition
27 Naberezhaya Street,
Bobritsa, Kiev-Sviatoshin District,
Kiev Region, 08142, UKRAINE
2 - THEME
The theme of the 2nd Bobritsa Cartoon Competition will be BEAVERS LAUGH (the name of the village Bobritsa in Ukrainian language originates from "beaver"). But this does NOT mean that your works should be only about beavers. First of all they should be smart and funny, please do not restrict yourself by beavers as heroes!
3 - AWARDS
First prize: euro 500.00 (five hundred).
Second place: euro 300.00 (three hundred).
Third place: euro 200.00 (two hundred).
Special BEAVER AWARD (for artworks where beavers ARE the heroes): euro 400.00 (four hundred).
The awarded works will be considered acquisitive and will become part of the acquis Bobritsa community.
The works will not be returned.
May not participate in this competition officials of Bobritsa community, their relatives and anyone involved in the organization.
The simple inscription configure automatic participant's agreement to all such terms.
Other information: email@example.com and +380 67 235-2536.
Source: Beavers Laugh.
The protocol of the jury session of International Exhibition SATYRYKON – Legnica 2018
17 February 2018
Jury represented by:
OSKAR WEISS (CH)
KONSTANTIN KAZANCHEV (UA)
MAŁGORZATA LAZAREK (PL)
HOUMAYOUN MAHMOUDI (GB)
ADAM PĘKALSKI (PL)
ELŻBIETA PIETRASZKO (PL)
MAGDALENA WOSIK (PL)
having seen 2.107 works by 584 authors, who come from 54 countries of the world, the Jury has awarded the following regular prizes:
Grand Prix Satyrykon 2018 and money award in amount of 8.000 PLN to Zbigniew Woźniak (PL) for the work „Our colorful world”. (Top)
Section I: empahty
and the two equal distinction awards of PLN 4.000 each for:
1.JAROSŁAW KORCZAK (PL) for the work „Empathy 1”
Section II: joke and satire
1st prize, golden medal and money award of PLN 6.000 – – TOMASZ BRODA (PL) for the work „Polish camp”
2nd prize, silver medal and money award of PLN 5.500 – – LESZEK OŁDAK (PL) for the work „Portrait”
and two equal distinction awards of 4.000 PLN each for:
1. JERZY GŁUSZEK (PL) for the untitled work
That way the protocol was close.
HONESTY, a weapon against Corruption
For centuries and for different circumstances and factors, our societies have been corroded by a terrible scourge: corruption. This evil is embedded in all levels and spaces where human values are deteriorated or do not exist, conditioning our growth in every way. There is an antidote for this type of pollution of the spirit that can be enormously effective if it is applied and cultivated since childhood. We refer to HONESTY.
That is why the objective of this competition is to add particular and group efforts, private or state, to achieve and/or enhance individual and collective development, with integrity and freedom. CARTA DE TINTA, the PERUVIAN NORTH AMERICAN CULTURAL INSTITUTE, ICPNA CUSCO, and the NATIONAL UNIVERSITY DIEGO QUISPE TITO of CUSCO, invite you to participate in this event with the warm welcome of all the people of Cusco and all Peruvians.
1. All illustrator and cartoonists who live in any part of our Mother Earth, amateur or professionals from 18 to 120 years old regardless civil status, religion or sex can participate. Members of the competition’s Organization can not participate.
2.The theme on which the works should be inspired is HONESTY, a weapon against corruption.
3. Each participant may submit a maximum of 3 illustrations without dialogues, speech or text balloons. The works may or may not
have achieved any mention or award in other similar events, but they should be original and belong to the author who send them, it means, copies and/or plagiarism identified by the jury will be disqualified immediately.
4. The technique is totally free, in color or in black and white, and the delivery will be digital, in 21cm x 30cm, in JPG (horizontal or vertical), in RGB colors and in high definition (300dpi). The name of the file must be the title of the work.
5. The title of the work, the name of the author or authors, an e-mail, a phone number, address and country of origin, as well as a brief curriculum (no more than 15 lines), a photo or cartoon of yourself and a miniature of the work must be attached in a Word document when sending each illustration.
6. The deadline to send the works is October 14, 2018. And they must be sent to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Prizes and awards guaranteed by our sponsors:
FIRST PLACE USD 1,000 = +diploma
SECOND PLACE USD 500= +diploma
THIRD PLACE USD 250= +diploma
HONORABLE MENTION (which the jury may consider convenient) diploma.
The results will be announced in November 7, 2018 and will be officially published in:
www.carpadetinta.pe www.icpnacusco.org www.bellasartescusco.edu.pe
8. The jury will be integrated by five members, all of them are important and well recognized national and international cartoonist. Their decision is unappealable.
9. If after the jury’s decision, a plagiarism or copy of other work is detected in any of the participating works, the author or authors will assume all the legal responsibility that the situation demands them, as well as the disqualification and return of the prize if the work had been awarded.
10. The most important works will be part of the traveling exposition which will be in different showrooms in Cusco and Peru. A major selection of participant illustrations will be part of the virtual catalogue.
11. The author accepts all conditions mentioned in this rules and waives copyrights of the illustration to the competition Organization to use it in different publications including audiovisual applications related to International Cartoon Contest LA SONRISA INCA.
For further information about the competition, contact to:
email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Managing Director of the Organization Committee
The contest is open to all cartoonists, illustrators and graphic artists from all over the world. It is possible to participate also out of the competition. This request excludes the author from the award of the prizes.
The theme of the contest is WATER...
Authors can participate with a maximum of 3 works (Cartoons or Strips), inherent to the theme proposed in relation to man, his existence and the society where he lives, seen in a humorous viewpoint. In order to be understood worldwide and beyond every linguistic barrier, the works must be without dialogue or texts.
Works must be inedited (that is, neither published before nor used to participate in other competitions). The organization can decide to exclude from the award of the prizes those works that are found to have been already edited
2. Shipping of the works and deadlines
Works and entry form can be sent both by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Otherwise, they can be sent through the following services by 31 March 2018 :
Google Drive https://drive.google.com/
Mail: UMORISTI A MAROSTICA Pro Marostica - Piazza Castello 1-36063 MAROSTICA (VI) – ITALIA
The works, in black/white or color made with any technique, must be in GIF, JPG, PNG or PDF, 150 dpi resolution, saved in high quality, weight max. 3 MB. Larger files will not be accepted.
The acceptance of the works, the selection, and the assigning of the prizes are completely up to the Jury nominated by the "Gruppo Grafico Marosticense". The Jury's decisions are unquestionable and uncontestable
3. Delivery of the Original Works and the Award of the Prices
The authors selected by the jury will receive an email with the informations about the deadlines and the modality to send the original works.
If the work is realized exclusively with a digital technique, the author will have to send a dated, numbered and signed copy of the work.
The Jury will award the "International Grand Prix Scacchiera", the Special prize "Sandro Carlesso", the Special prize "Marco Sartore" and 10 Special prizes "Umoristi A Marostica". Other special prizes or honorary mentions may be awarded.
The results of the Jury will be given directly to all participating artists by email and published on the web site www.umoristiamarostica.it.
4. Opening Ceremony, Awarding and Acceptance of the Regulation
The opening ceremony and the prize distribution will take place on May 19, 2018 at Castello Inferiore of Marostica. The exhibition will be open until June 17, 2018.
All the authors selected will receive a free copy of catalogue. Non-selected participants will have the possibility to demand the catalogue compiling the form on the web site www.umoristiamarostica.it
The works selected for the exhibition and for the catalogue will not be returned and will be included in the collection of "Umoristi A Marostica Museum".
The "Gruppo Grafico Marosticense" reserves the right to authorize the reproduction of the works and the diffusion of them through various communication means citing the author with the words "Taken from Umoristi A Marostica", without any payment. The "Gruppo Grafico Marosticense" is not responsible for transport damages.
The participation in the contest implies the complete acceptance of all the conditions and rules from the author.
The Winners of “Prix Mémorial” 2018
For the first edition of Prix Mémorial, “United Sketches” International received 934 drawings from seventy-six countries.Two awards for press design and human rights were awarded on February 11, 2018.
The International Cartoon Award for Human Rights [3000 Euros] was awarded to Jiho (France) (Top). The International jury composed of Kianoush Ramezani [President], Stéphane Grimaldi, Pascal Lemaître, Carolin Olivier, Patrick Nicolle.The winner cartoon was published in the Marianne, a French national weekly magazine.
Catherine Sinet, Willis from Tunis, Charline Vanhoenacker, Philippe Geluck, François Forcadell, Yan Lindingre, Alain Mayer, Dominique Tricaud, composed the jury convened by Siné Monthly. Liu Zi Bo is a member of the JiangXi Cartoon Art Committee.
The Cartoonists Lindingre, Jiho, Pascal Lemaître, and Kianoush Ramezani, were present during this award ceremony at the Mémorial de Caen.
"BEFORE AND AFTER (THE MARRIAGE)... "
First prize – Trophy “Nevestulka“(eng.Weasel, lat.Mustela Nivalis)
$200 + GOLD MEDAL,
and a Certificate for participation
Dariusz Dabrowski / Poland;
Second prize – $150 + SILVER MEDAL,
and a Certificate for participation
Valentin Georgiev / Bulgaria;
Third prize – $100 + BRONZЕ MEDAL,
and a Certificate for participation
Ali Shafei / Iran;
Special award: Plaque - The best collection,
and a Certificate for participation
Oleg Gutsol (Ukraine).
Certificates for successful work*
*(The certificates will be sent to the .pdf format)
1. Klaus Pitter / Austrija
2. Soltan Soltanli / Azerbaijan
3. Alisson Ortiz Affonso / Brazil
4. Cival Einstein / Brazil
5. Ivailo Tsvetkov / Bulgaria
6. Jovcho Savov / Bulgaria
7. Yang Xia / China
8. Damir Novak / Croatia
9. Roberto Sergio Castillo Rodriguez / Cuba
10. Steffen Jahsnowski / Germany
11. Istvan Kelemen / Hungary
12. Blaze Dokuleski / Macedonia
13. Miro Georgievski / Macedonia
14. Luka Lagator / Montenegro
15. Cornel Chiorean / Romania
16. Milenko Kosanovic / Sеrbia
17. Snežana Čomor / Serbia
18. Goran Celichanin / Serbia
19. Oğuz Gürel / Turkey
20. Vladimir Kazanevsky / Ukraine
21. Oleg Loktyev / Ukraine.
MIKS World Cartoonist Annual Award 2017 „Golden Pencil Sharpener“ is awarded by the International Association of Caricature MIKS for the best artistic achievements in the field of cartoons in the World.
The prize is awarded in three categories;
1. as the Annual Award for Best Cartoonists of the World in the past Year,
2. as an Award for Life Work,
3. as a reward for the promotion of cartoons in the world to an individual / association that has achieved outstanding achievements in cartoon promotion in the world
a. The Annual Award „Golden Pencil Sharpener“ is awarded to Best Cartoonists for the best artworks that have been released, exhibited, displayed over the past year.
b. The Lifetime Achievement Award „Golden Pencil Sharpener“ is awarded to prominent world cartoonists who with their creativity marked the time in which they acted and whose creative journey was rounded off, and works and achievements remain a permanent good in the world of cartoons.
c. The Cartoon Promotion Award „Golden Pencil Sharpener“ in the world is awarded to organizers of international exhibitions of cartoons, magazine and magazine publishers, journalists and all other individuals and associations that have contributed to the Cartoon Promotion Worldwide as a stimulus for further work in a better promotion of cartoons in the world .
1. The annual award for best cartoonists consists of plaques, diplomas, invitations to the jury of the International Cartoon Exhibition in Sisak (MIKS) and solo exhibitions of Cartoons in Sisak (Croatia)
2. The Lifetime Achievement Award consists of plaques, diplomas, invitations to the Jury of the Sisak Cartoon Exhibition (MIKS) and solo exhibitions of Cartoons in Sisak (Croatia)
3. The Cartoon Promotion Award in the world consists of plaques, diplomas and invitations to the jury of the International Cartoon Exhibition in Sisak (MIKS).
Announcement of the winners
1. Awards will be held on June 29, 2018 during the opening of the 4th MIKS at the City Museum in Sisak (Croatia).
The prizes will be awarded to winners by mail, together with a invitation to participate in the work of the International Jury of the MIKS Exhibition next year.
The solo exhibitions of the winners of the "Golden Pencil Sharpener" award will be arranged in agreement with the laureates for next year 2019.
The winners will be nominated and selected by the International Jury composed of 20 eminent world cartoonists, organizers of international exhibitions, editors of magazine cartoons and art historians from all over the world.
We will soon publish a list of all members of the international jury and partner list.